Communications and Outreach StudentWe are looking for a motivated student to work for the West Virginia Water Research Institute at West Virginia University. This job would be perfect for a student looking for part-time work around their course schedule.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Work with the Environmental Education and Outreach Coordinator to develop new content for websites, social media, and news releases;
- Update content on website;
- Design new and innovative marketing campaigns for events and programs;
- Assist with creation of newsletters; and
- Assist with the development of environmental education initiatives.
- Applicants should be enrolled in undergraduate or graduate courses for Fall 2019;
- Currently completing a degree in marketing, public relations, communications, or other closely related major;
- Experience with web content management; and
- Experience with Cleanslate preferred but not required.
Student Lab Technician
The West Virginia Water Research Institute (WVWRI) is seeking an undergraduate or graduate student beginning immediately to perform the following duties:
- Prepare and process field samples
- Preform bench scale lab experiments
- Preform other lab related work
- Applicants should be enrolled in courses for Fall 2019;
- Preferably seeking a degree in the field of Chemistry, Environmental Science, Geology or Engineering;
- Basic statistical analysis skills
- Communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Knowledge of Excel and Word
- Candidates with one year or more of chemistry laboratory experience is preferred